Year End Giving
NPR Jazz On WCLK
On Nov 24th, 1980, Dizzy Gillespie invited 5 jazz legends - Milt Jackson, James Moody, Hank Jones, Ray Brown, & Philly Joe Jones - to join him onstage in Montreal to play a tribute to the legendary Charlie Parker. A limited quantity bootleg LP of the concert soon appeared and then disappeared from the marketplace and the tapes lay dormant for over 30 years. The pristinely restored “Concert of the Century” is now available on as part of the Justin Time Essentials Collection. You can hear...
Latest News From NPR
- Songs We Love: CeCe Winans, 'Hey Devil!'
- Pop Culture Advent Calendar, Day 9: 'Alvin Isn't The Only Baker Daring To Add Fruit'
- Top Stories: South Korean Impeachment; Key Trump Cabinet Picks
- Anti-Islam Dutch Politician Found Guilty Of Inciting Discrimination
- Alsarah & The Nubatones: Tiny Desk Concert
- Adding A Funny Form Of Carbon To Silly Putty Creates A Heart Monitor
- Shonen Knife On World Cafe
- FOJBI Friday: Meet Carolyn Beans, Roadside Scientist Turned Science Journalist
- First Ladies Often Forge Food Trends, But Melania's Menu Is A Mystery
- Baltimore Evicts Artists From Warehouse Over Safety Concerns
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
While APD has a better reputation in the community than many forces across the country, a vigilant public must still 'watch the watchmen.' Saturday morning at 7am on The Local Take on WCLK, I'll talk with Lee Reid of the Atlanta Citizen Review Board and Jasmine Guy about the ACRB's launch of the " Nobody Needs to Know Campaign " allowing citizens to anonymously lodge complaints or concerns about police officers that they encounter or observe. The celebrity spokesperson for this...