Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Alphonso Johnson has brought the fretless bass-line for generations of important groups and artists, including recording and touring with: Weather Report, George Duke, Santana, Wayne Shorter, Pat Metheny, Sonny Rollins, Bob Weir and Phil Collins. His new record out on Embamba is called Metaphors. Metaphors features the late great Ndugu Chancler, Patrice Rushen, Airto Moreira and others. His sound is unmistakable.
Latest News From NPR
- Kacey Musgraves, Champion Of New Nashville, Announces 'Golden Hour' With Two Songs
- Florida Governor Calls For Raising Age Limit For Gun Purchases From 18 To 21
- Rick Gates, Former Trump Campaign Official, Expected To Plead Guilty
- At CPAC, Trump Reiterates Support For Arming Teachers To Prevent School Shootings
- No One's Quite Sure Why Lassa Fever Is On The Rise In Nigeria
- Trump Declares New Shipping Sanctions On North Korea
- Episode #1809
- 'The Dialogues' Takes On Physics And Reality In Words And Pictures
- These 10 ERs Sharply Reduced Opioid Use And Still Eased Pain
- Tanya Donelly Reunites Belly, Announces Comeback Album
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
The Local Take will host PNC Bank Second Annual Black History Month Breakfast on Wednesday, February 28 at 7:30 a.m. at the Center for Civil and Human Rights. This year the focus is on African American Athletes who succeeded on and off the field of play. Throughout February you can hear daily vignettes from PNC Bank on Jazz 91.9 WCLK saluting Atlanta's African American athletes. I talked about the salutes with PNC Regional President for Georgia, Eddie Meyers.