Jazz 91.9 WCLK, Program Director, Aaron Cohen is adding cuts from The New Cool, featuring Bob James and Nathan East. James and East were most recently seen onstage at the Jazz 91.9 Fall Benefit Concert on November 12 as one half of the super group, Fourplay. The New Cool is perfect for that late night vibe, and harkens back to the classic Jazz modal period, which was marked by classics from Miles Davis and others in the late 1950s. But The New Cool plays out as a duo record from two of...
Latest News From NPR
- From Trembling Teacher To Seasoned Mentor: How Tim Gunn Made It Work
- Barbershop: Black Friday, Black Lives Matter And Social 'Cuffing'
- As Americans Increasingly Bypass Malls, What's To Become Of Black Friday?
- The Mood In Chicago, A City Seized By Protests Over Police Shootings
- A Day Later, Details Emerge On Planned Parenthood Shooting
- Osceola At The 50-Yard Line
- 'Purple Rain' — As Retold In A Language Without A Word For Purple
- Relatives Of Drowned Syrian Boy Will Move To Canada
- Metallica's Robert Trujillo On His Hero, Jaco Pastorius
- Doping Scandal Jeopardizes Olympic Dreams Of Russian Athletes
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus.
I spoke with three of Atlanta's most dynamic entrepreneurs on The Local Take. The November 21 edition of The Local Take highlights the support and partnership between Jazz 91.9 WCLK and the Atlanta Business League. This month the Atlanta Business League inducted three entrepreneurs into their Hall of Fame. Inductees include: Daryll Griffin of Accolades; Ira Jackson of Perfect Image Printing; and, Simon Robinson of Simon Sign Systems. All of these businesses have stood the test of time and...