Michael Franks has been a leading contemporary Jazz vocalist since the days of his 1975 collaboration with the Crusaders, The Art of Tea . He's released his first record in eight years, The Music In My Head (Shanachie). The record features 10 original songs produced by Gil Goldstein, who has produced recent records for Jill Scott, Esperanza Spalding and Chris Botti. The Music In My Head brings Franks' unmistakeable vocals to the front. The record also features some of the last session work by...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Karla Porch from the Empowerment Resource Center. I ask her about their event Take Charge. Get Tested on June 27th between 12pm - 4pm at Historic Hurt Park in downtown Atlanta to celebrate National HIV Testing Day. She speaks about the ability to take an HIV test and get your results in a few minutes. She shares information about the services that they provide to assist anyone who test positive or negative. The Empowerment Resource Center offers low...
Latest News From NPR
- Congressional Leaders Criticize Maxine Waters For Urging Confrontation
- Little House On The Controversy: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Name Removed From Book Award
- 'The News Deserves A Soundtrack Too': The Year In Music On 'It's Been a Minute'
- Journalist Jailed By Iran On Why He's Rooting For The Country At The World Cup
- What NASA Has Learned Watching Hurricanes From Space
- Beep Beep, Yeah! Paul McCartney On Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Is TV At Its Best
- Why San Diego Is Considering A Styrofoam Ban
- Trump Pardon Of Nonviolent Drug Offender Raises Hopes For Others Currently In Prison
- MorMor Leaves You Wanting More With 'Heaven's Only Wishful' EP
- Texas Legislative Map Largely Not A Racial Gerrymander, Supreme Court Rules