Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners know John Beasley well, as keyboardist on sides and tours with Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, George Duke, Marcus Miller and Stanley Clarke among others. He's been through the station more than a time or two. In recent years he has led a tight big band he calls the MONK'estra, playing and arranging variations on songs from the master of variation himself Thelonius Monk.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I discuss #RaiseTheAgeGA with attorney Sherri Jefferson. Ms. Jefferson explains the reasons that she began this quest in 2005. Seventeen year olds are charged as adults and incarcerated with adults. Even though in every other social construct if you are 17 you are not considered an adult. You cannot legally buy alcohol or tobacco products, get married or enter the military without your parent's consent. This year New York and North Carolina raised the age in their...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- In Illinois, This College Town Won't Be Eclipsed By August's Celestial Event
- Words You'll Hear: Eclipse Cheap Seats
- 'Blinded By The Light': Your Contributions To Our Solar Eclipse Soundtrack
- Like The Flag, Confederate Monuments Have Been 'Severely Tainted'
- Social Satirist Dick Gregory Was The 'First To Have A Crossover Market'
- 'Y Is For Yesterday': Sue Grafton's Penultimate Mystery Series Novel
- Sierra Leone Latest: Landslides Death Toll Nears 500
- Authorities Investigate Alcanar Site Where Terrorists Hatched Barcelona Plot
- How One Man Convinced 200 Ku Klux Klan Members To Give Up Their Robes
- Jerry Lewis, Comic Icon And Titan Of Telethons, Dies At 91