Latest News From NPR
- Peek Inside The 'Little Black Books' Of Some Famous American Artists
- The Survivors' Street: Ten Years of Life After Katrina
- Stargazing From The Street Corner, Telescope And Hat In Hand
- A Colombian Kingpin Gets The 'Goodfellas' Treatment In 'Narcos'
- Recommended Dose: August's Best Dance Tracks
- KPCC's Off-Ramp: Heino!
- New Tesla Breaks Consumer Reports' Ratings Scale, Bolsters Company's Stock
- North Dakota Legalizes Armed Police Drones
- Democratic Group Fires A Warning Shot With Immigration Attack Ad
- Obama: Katrina A 'Man-Made' Disaster Caused By Government Failure
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
August 9th marked the anniversary of the death of Michael Brown at the hands of a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Out of that tragedy, the Black Lives Matter movement was born. This movement in part has protested with disruptive acts and civil disobediance. In Atlanta, the local affiliate of Black Lives Matter is called Its Bigger Than You. They led one of the largest protests in Atlanta in support of Michael Brown. This is the group that shut down the connector, and they've disrupted...