Saxophonist Azar Lawrence has played as sideman for McCoy Tyner, Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, and Woody Shaw. Lawrence was the tenor saxophonist Tyner used following John Coltrane's death. He has also played on record with Earth Wind & Fire and Marvin Gaye, among many others. His latest release on High Tone Records is called Elementals, and features Benito Gonzales, Jeff Littlejohn, Marvin "Smitty" Smith and Munyungo Jackson.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Steve Evans, President and CEO of Lupus Foundation of America - Georgia Chapter. He shares that Lupus is an unpredictable and potentially fatal autoimmune disease that affects 55,000 Georgians, mostly women aged 18 - 45. He goes on to explain that the disease can impact anyone at any age including men and even teenagers. Like most disease's LUPUS impacts communities of color disproportionally. Evans shares that over 55,000 Georgians are impacted by the...
Latest News From NPR
- Naked Gunman Kills 4 In Waffle House Shooting
- Suicide Blast Kills Dozens At Voter Registration Center In Kabul
- School Walkouts, Broken-down Classrooms, And Beyoncé
- Tiny Desk Concerts At 10: How One Miserable Show Led To A Magical Concert Series
- Suicide Bomber Kills 48 At Voting Center In Afghanistan
- Dozens Of Protesters Killed In Nicaragua Following Pension Changes
- Sunday Puzzle: Let's Play Ball
- Inez Burns' Abortion Clinic Was One Of San Francisco's Worst Kept Secrets
- Outrage Over Arrests At Philly Starbucks Fuels Twitter Conversations
- A New Era In Cuba? Raul Castro Hands Over Power To Diaz-Canel