Russ Freeman's band The Rippingtons has been defining and crossing musical boundries in Jazz since their founding in 1985. Jazz 91.9 WCLK has featured the music of The Rippingtons nearly every step of the way. We are featuring their new release on Peak called True Stories. You can hear cuts from True Stories at various times during the day on WCLK in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. For more info on The Rippingtons, click here....
Latest News From NPR
- From 'The Water's Edge To The Cutting Edge': Fish Skeletons, CT Scans And Engineering
- 'Picturing Children' Documents African-American Childhoods
- Volleyball Plus Soccer Makes Footvolley
- Barbershop: Speechwriters Speak On The RNC And DNC
- 'It's Jarred My Soul': Prosecutor Speaks On Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Cybersecurity: Who's Vulnerable To Attack?
- 'A Lot Of Detective Work': Piecing Together J Dilla's 'The Diary'
- This Week In Hacks: The Democrats, Russia And Trump
- Trump Responds To Slain Soldier's Father, Who Appeals To GOP Leaders
- 5 Takeaways From The Democratic National Convention
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus.
'da Kink in My Hair by Trey Anthony is onstage at Atlanta's Horizon Theatre Company through August 28. This is a play about black women and their experiences with hair that speak to a much larger audience. Playwright Trey Anthony stopped by Jazz 91.9 WCLK to talk with Kiplyn Primus about it on The Local Take. This play shows the humanity of women and their challenges with life and love. Born out of Ms. Anthony’s life, her grandmother Enid was a hairdresser and as a child Trey spent many days...
JaQuitta Williams is your host for Your Health Connection on Jazz 91.9 WCLK Wednesday, July 20 at 6:00 p.m. This month we take a look back a the work done over the past year by the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development (CCRTD) at Clark Atlanta University. JaQuitta's guests will include CCRTD Senior Research Research Scientist and Community Outreach Director, Dr. Kimberly Davis; CCRTD Associate Research Director, Dr. Valerie Odero-Marah; and, Doctoral Student, Mawiya Kimbrough...