Peter Erskine has played drums for Weather Report and Steps Ahead. On his new release Dr. UM And The Lost Pages, he brings his drum savvy and tight group on a series of original compositions and pieces by Joe Zawinul, John Beasley, Gary McFarland, Vince Mendoza and Gustav Mahler. If you like Weather Report, you will like Dr.Um And The Lost Pages. You can hear Lost Pages on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, in particualr during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
Latest News From NPR
- #MemeOfTheNight: Bernie Sandwich
- Ferguson Approves Police And Courts Overhaul — With Some Changes
- Presidential Candidates Await Results In New Hampshire Primary
- First Black NASA Administrator Charles Bolden 'Pleaded' To Get Into Naval Academy
- Final Polls Begin To Close In New Hampshire
- Final Votes Cast As Most Polls Begin To Close In New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Primary: Trump And Sanders Win Big; Kasich Second
- Japan Is Selling Bonds Guaranteed To Lose You Money
- U.S. Churches Offer Safe Haven For A New Generation Of Immigrants
- When Caravaggio Plays Quevedo In Tennis, The Court Becomes A Sonnet
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus.
On the Saturday, January 30 edition of The Local Take we speak with Bettianne Hart, board chair, Interfaith Children's Movement (ICM). Hear our conversation in the 7:00 a.m. hour. Their upcoming ICM Day at the Capitol happens on Wednesday, February 3, where they will lobby on behalf of the children in our community. Ms. Hart shares with us information about Rachel's Law which was passed in 2015, and why our community should support the passage of Senate Resolution 7 before this year's...
Does what we eat impact our chances of developing cancer in our lifetime? Do certain foods protect us while others hurt us? Join JaQuitta Williams for the February edition of Your Health Connection, Wednesday, January 20 at 6:00 p.m. as we explore the links. JaQuitta will be joined in studio by Registered Dietician Kiki Smalley-Frazier, and we’ll take your questions, live. If we are what we eat, can you eat in a way to avoid cancer? What if you or a loved one is a cancer survivor? How and why...