NPR Jazz On WCLK
If you are looking to hear the spirit of Miles Davis on a Contemporary Jazz record, I recommend you take a listen to Takuya Kuroda's new release on Concord, Zigzagger. Kuroda plays with a wide combination of players and, textures in a way that is satisfying and challenging at the same time. He even joins up with Brooklyn Afro-beat Stylists, Antibalas for "Think Twice." Jazz 91.9 WCLK will be featuring cuts from Zigzagger at various times throughout the day, including on Serenade To The City,...
Latest News From NPR
- A History Of Election Cake And Why Bakers Want To #MakeAmericaCakeAgain
- Gotcha: Space Station Grabs Onto NASA's 5,100-Pound Cargo Craft
- Strange Sounds, Burial Grounds And The Case Of The Twisted Dreamcatcher
- Police Facial Recognition Databases Log About Half Of Americans
- Trump Supporters Point To Gore-Bush As A Precedent For Refusal Of Election Results
- Monthly Song Project Gives The Raveonettes Freedom Of 'A Blank Slate'
- Small Business Owners Face Pressures Of Minimum Wage Bumps In Big Cities
- Musician Lalin St. Juste On Writing Through Grief
- With More Big-Box Stores In Reach, Are Commissaries Still Needed?
- The Next Generation Of Local, Low-Power FM Stations Expands In Urban Areas
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
On Saturday, October 8 at 7:00 a.m. on The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I am coming to you live with experts to answer your questions about voting. The deadline to register to vote is Tuesday, October 11 to vote in the November 8 Presidential election. Early voting in Georgia is from Tuesday, October 17 through Friday, November 4. Join me and our guests on October 8: Dr. William Boone - CAU Professor of Political Science Cheryl Turner - Gate City Bar Association Karlise Grier - League of...