Michael McDonald is back with his BMG release Wide Open , his first album of original material in 17 years. Recorded with the cream of the crop of Nashville session musicians as well as guitarists Robben Ford and Warren Haynes, along with Branford Marsalis and Marcus Miller, Wide Open is a good listen if you've enjoyed McDonald's blue-eyed soul for as long as we have. You can hear cuts from the record including Find It In Your Heart and Free A Man on Jazz 91.9 WCLK at various times in particular on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
The Local Take Talks about the Health As A Human Right with Dr. Kim Ramsey-White, Director of Undergraduate Programs in School of Public Health at Georgia State University. I ask her about the exhibition currently on display at the Georgia State Law School Library called Health As A Human Right: Race and Place in America. She explains how the exhibition was curated to commemorate the Centers for Disease Control's 25th Anniversary of the establishment of the Office of Minority Health and...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- President Trump Heads To Capitol Hill With Clear Message: Pass A Tax Cut
- In 'Vacationland,' John Hodgman Turns His Pen On Himself
- No 'Butts' About It, Calif. Man Wins Recycled Surfboard Contest
- Cambridge Site Crashes After Posting Stephen Hawking's Thesis
- This Halloween: What Does It Mean To Call Something 'Spooky'?
- Top Stories: New Findings On Discrimination; Mueller On Money-Laundering
- Limited Outreach, Shorter Sign-Up Time May Cause Insurance Headaches In 2018
- Mattis Meets With Duterte Ahead Of Trump's Trip To Philippines
- Russia Accuses Putin Critic Of Murdering His Lawyer
- After Visiting Afghanistan And Iraq, Tillerson Goes To Pakistan And India