Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners know John Beasley well, as keyboardist on sides and tours with Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, George Duke, Marcus Miller and Stanley Clarke among others. He's been through the station more than a time or two. In recent years he has led a tight big band he calls the MONK'estra, playing and arranging variations on songs from the master of variation himself Thelonius Monk.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I discuss #RaiseTheAgeGA with attorney Sherri Jefferson. Ms. Jefferson explains the reasons that she began this quest in 2005. Seventeen year olds are charged as adults and incarcerated with adults. Even though in every other social construct if you are 17 you are not considered an adult. You cannot legally buy alcohol or tobacco products, get married or enter the military without your parent's consent. This year New York and North Carolina raised the age in their...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Mourners To Honor Charlottesville Victim, States Debate Confederate Statues
- Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues One Day After Voting On Issue
- Negotiations Begin On Trump's Campaign Promise To Rework NAFTA
- Trump's Shift On Charlottesville Violence Is Unpresidential, Continetti Says
- Woolly Mammoths Are Long Gone, But The Hunt For Their Ivory Tusks Lives On
- Shh! These Quiet Food Videos Will Get Your Senses Tingling
- An Oddball Family That Can't Connect In 'How To Behave In A Crowd'
- Fighting Fires For Free, Aging Volunteers Struggle To Recruit The Next Generation
- How Eclipses Changed History
- Students Find Spacesuits In Thrift Store