Law Office Of Felita Cornog
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Dave Bennett is a multi-instrumentalist and clarinet prodigy who has been playing in combos and bigger bands since he was asked by legendary Trumpeter Doc Cheatham to play from the bandstand at New York's Sweet Basil's when he was 12 years old. Blood Moon is his second record on Mack Avenue, and features a mix of original and cover songs. His current group includes Pianist Dave Restivo, Guitarist Reg Schwager, Bassist Jim Vivian, Drummer Pete Siers, and Percussionist Davide Direnzo. You can...
Latest News From NPR
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Strikes Down Voting Map
- Government Shutdown Coming To An End After Senate Agreement
- What Happens When Suburban Police Departments Don't Have Enough Money?
- Death Toll for German Serial Killer Nurse Goes Up, Another 97 Victims Suspected
- Laurel Wamsley Joins Newsdesk Full-Time
- Pence Draws Applause, Some Heckles, For U.S. Embassy Move To Jerusalem
- Gus Kenworthy Will Be The Second Openly Gay Man To Compete For U.S. In Winter Games
- Facebook Says Social Media Can Be Negative For Democracy
- Sen. Angus King Reacts To Proposed Short-Term Funding Deal
- Proposed Short-Term Funding Agreement Does Not Include DACA Protections
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
During the week leading up to the Martin Luther King Holiday, I spoke with Dr. Doris Derby, co-founder of the Free Southern Theater, photo-journalist, documentarian and founding Director of Georgia State University's Office of African American Student Services and Programs. Dr. Derby speaks about her time in SNCC during the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. She talks about her work at Tougaloo College and the founding of the Free Southern Theater. She speaks about taking the theater's...