A new re-release on Concord Music Group/Fantasy records, On A Monday Evening, offers Jazz fans a rare treat: an unreleased concert recording of The Bill Evans Trio, featuring Eddie Gomez and Eliot Zigmund. Captured live at Union Theater in Madison, Wisconsin on Monday, November 15, 1976, this recording finds Evans at the top of his game. The recording features performances that includes both contemporary compositions from that era, as well as his longstanding signature tunes. You can hear cuts from On A Monday Evening on WCLK HD 2 Mainstream and on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
On the Saturday, March 25 edition of The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I'll speak with Louis Elrod of Better Georgia about HB 515. The bill will redraw district lines in Henry County where the lines were just redrawn two years ago. Concerned citizens can contact their representatives up until the end of the month to voice your concerns about this action. As some of you may know, former Obama administration Attorney General, Eric Holder has spoken out about this new effort of redistricting....
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Trump Lawyers Claim Immunity In Sex Harassment Suit, Just As Bill Clinton Did
- Mississippi Journalist Who Chronicled Civil Rights Era Dies At 94
- Paralyzed Man Uses Thoughts to Control His Own Arm And Hand
- As Congress Repeals Internet Privacy Rules, Putting Your Options In Perspective
- Congress Overturns Internet Privacy Regulation
- The Flaming Lips On World Cafe
- A Researcher Reconnects With Her Ancestors' Slave Past At Madison's Estate
- Finding A Place For President Polk's Body To Truly Rest In Peace
- Deportation Fears Prompt Immigrants To Cancel Food Stamps
- What Russia's Protests Mean For Putin's Opposition