If progressive Jazz is your thing then you probably already know about Christian Sands. His debut record for Mack Avenue is called Reach , and features a dynamite quintet on a series of inventive, innovative pieces, mostly original but with covers of Bill Withers and classic pop gem "Somewhere Out There" done as a dreamy, timeless, Bill Evans meets Debussy way. NPR Jazz Night In America Host Christian McBride and occasional bandmade drops in to play a bass solo on Sands' version of "Use Me." You can hear cuts from Reach on Jazz 91.9 WCLK during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Last month The Local Take reached out to Rashid Nuri, founder of Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture . The gardens have moved from the Old Fourth Ward to the Westside one tree at a time. Nuri explains why he moved the dirt first which allowed them to save close to 100% of the trees. He speaks about vibrations and the need to eat food that is grown in your area. Additionally he talks about the value that community gardens bring to any area and explains his motto "whoever...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Study: Female Supreme Court Justices Interrupted More Than Male Counterparts
- New GOP Health Proposal Could Ditch Protections For People Who Are Sick
- Former MI6 Chief On Security Threats, From North Korea To Domestic Terrorism
- Federal Law To Protect Drinking Water Up For Review
- Astronaut, Cosmonaut And Stuffed Dog Arrive At International Space Station
- Arkansas Death Penalty Legal Battle Continues
- Meet The Transgender Traveler
- What Will NASA Look Like Under President Trump?
- GM Says Its Plant In Venezuela Was Illegally Seized By The Government
- Vegan Cookbooks Spill The Beans About Aquafaba, The Eggless Egg White