A new re-release on Concord Music Group/Fantasy records, On A Monday Evening, offers Jazz fans a rare treat: an unreleased concert recording of The Bill Evans Trio, featuring Eddie Gomez and Eliot Zigmund. Captured live at Union Theater in Madison, Wisconsin on Monday, November 15, 1976, this recording finds Evans at the top of his game. The recording features performances that includes both contemporary compositions from that era, as well as his longstanding signature tunes. You can hear cuts from On A Monday Evening on WCLK HD 2 Mainstream and on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
On the Saturday, March 25 edition of The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I'll speak with Louis Elrod of Better Georgia about HB 515. The bill will redraw district lines in Henry County where the lines were just redrawn two years ago. Concerned citizens can contact their representatives up until the end of the month to voice your concerns about this action. As some of you may know, former Obama administration Attorney General, Eric Holder has spoken out about this new effort of redistricting....
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- A Forgotten Shipwreck Imperils Washington's Oysters
- From The Archives: Hear Tracy Chapman's First NPR Interview, From 1988
- The U.S. Is Ramping Up Military Engagement, Which Could Be A Risk For Trump
- Lonely People Report More Severe Cold Symptoms, Study Finds
- Top Stories: N.C. 'Bathroom Bill'; Trump Revised Travel Ban Still Blocked
- Songs We Love: The Secret Sisters, 'Tennessee River Runs Low'
- Hear The First Single From Dan Auerbach's New Solo Record 'Waiting On A Song'
- Seattle Sues Trump Administration Over 'Sanctuary City' Threat
- All Songs +1: Comedian Neal Brennan Of 'Chappelle's Show' And '3 Mics'
- Music Magazine: Sergio Mendoza, Vinyl Collectors And Tejano Punks On Film