Chick Corea via Concord Music, has released a multidisc, multimedia collection documenting his 2011 series of 70th Birthday celebration performances at the famed Blue Note. Corea is featured in 10 different bands featuring some 30 different musicians, including: Herbie Hancock, Bobbie McFerrin, Gary Burton, Wynton Marsalis, John McLaughlin, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea Electrik Band and Return To Forever, among others. You can hear select cuts from The Musician at various times on Jazz 91.9 WCLK and WCLK HD2 in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join us Saturday morning at 7am for The Local Take On WCLK as we celebrate Mothers Day with Denene Millner, author of My Brown Baby: On the Joys and Challenges of Raising African American Children . Taken from the essays on her award winning blog, My Brown Baby , Denene explains why she thought it was important for mothers of brown babies to have their own voice among the popular "mommy blogs." As a columnist at PARENT magazine she speaks about her work on childhood development coinciding...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Federal Computers Dodge Global Malware Attack ... This Time
- At 94, Lithium-Ion Pioneer Eyes A New Longer-Lasting Battery
- They Outnumber Refugees But Don't Often Make Headlines
- Richard Oakes, Who Occupied Alcatraz For Native Rights, Gets A Birthday Honor
- Jury Selection In Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Trial Looks To Be A Challenge
- 4 Climbers Killed In Deadly Week On Mount Everest
- How Did Toby Keith Get To Do A Concert In Saudi Arabia?
- How Slack Has Changed The Workplace
- LA Health Clinic 'A Microcosm' Of Fears About Trump Administration Policies
- With Bankruptcy, Puerto Rico Faces Long Uphill Battle