Billy Childs is a prolific pianist, composer and arranger of Jazz in its many variations going back to 1982 (on record). He has worked with an amazing list of musicians, going back to J. J. Johnson and Freddie Hubbard. On his new release on Mack Avenue Records, Rebirth, Childs strips things down and plays most cuts on the record as part of a quartet, explicitly acknowledging his bebop roots. You can hear cuts from Rebirth on Jazz 91.9 WCLK on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Last month The Local Take reached out to Rashid Nuri, founder of Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture . The gardens have moved from the Old Fourth Ward to the Westside one tree at a time. Nuri explains why he moved the dirt first which allowed them to save close to 100% of the trees. He speaks about vibrations and the need to eat food that is grown in your area. Additionally he talks about the value that community gardens bring to any area and explains his motto "whoever...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- At Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony, Trump Vows To Confront Anti-Semitism
- Gripping Comics Memoir 'Hostage' Puts You In The Room Where Nothing Happens
- 5 Films Look At The LA Riots From (Almost) Every Angle
- Malaria Vaccine Trial Set For 2018 In Ghana, Kenya And Malawi
- In Trump's First 100 Days, A Resistance Network Digs In
- Lawmakers Say It Appears Michael Flynn Acted Illegally In Taking Russian Payments
- A Song So Delicate And Lovely, It Might Just Blow Away
- Celebrating The Centennial Of Jazz Legend Ella Fitzgerald
- El Tratado del Río Bravo añade una nueva complicación al muro fronterizo de Trump
- The Cocktail King Of Cuba: The Man Who Invented Hemingway's Favorite Daiquiri