Chick Corea via Concord Music, has released a multidisc, multimedia collection documenting his 2011 series of 70th Birthday celebration performances at the famed Blue Note. Corea is featured in 10 different bands featuring some 30 different musicians, including: Herbie Hancock, Bobbie McFerrin, Gary Burton, Wynton Marsalis, John McLaughlin, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea Electrik Band and Return To Forever, among others. You can hear select cuts from The Musician at various times on Jazz 91.9 WCLK and WCLK HD2 in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take we are joined in the WCLK studio by Ambassador Andrew Young, who talks with us about his upcoming 2017 Andrew J. Young International Leadership Awards Gala and 85th Birthday Party, taking place June 3 at Philips Arena. The 2017 Andrew J. Young International Leadership Award recipients are: Linda Sarsour, Tamika Mallory, Carmen Perez, and Bob Bland , National Co-Chairs of the Women’s March on Washington for inspiring and organizing a worldwide outpouring of positive...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Shatner's 'Spirit Of The Horse' Is An Ode To Four-Legged Friends
- Some Men Are Not Happy About A Women-Only Screening Of 'Wonder Woman'
- Fifth 'House Of Cards' Season Speaks To Trump Era
- 'The Wounds Of Whiteclay' Journalists Win Prestigious RFK Award
- On The Ground In Guadalajara, In Search Of New Latin Sounds
- Words You'll Hear: Memorial Day Dos And Don'ts
- Generations: Why Rick And Canyon Barry Stay True To The 'Granny Shot'
- From NFL Player To Neurosurgeon: 'Why Can't I Do Both?'
- How Religious Leaders Are Talking To Their Congregations After Manchester Attack
- Mississippi Shooting Spree Kills 8, Including Sheriff's Deputy