Chick Corea via Concord Music, has released a multidisc, multimedia collection documenting his 2011 series of 70th Birthday celebration performances at the famed Blue Note. Corea is featured in 10 different bands featuring some 30 different musicians, including: Herbie Hancock, Bobbie McFerrin, Gary Burton, Wynton Marsalis, John McLaughlin, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea Electrik Band and Return To Forever, among others. You can hear select cuts from The Musician at various times on Jazz 91.9 WCLK and WCLK HD2 in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take we are joined in the WCLK studio by Ambassador Andrew Young, who talks with us about his upcoming 2017 Andrew J. Young International Leadership Awards Gala and 85th Birthday Party, taking place June 3 at Philips Arena. The 2017 Andrew J. Young International Leadership Award recipients are: Linda Sarsour, Tamika Mallory, Carmen Perez, and Bob Bland , National Co-Chairs of the Women’s March on Washington for inspiring and organizing a worldwide outpouring of positive...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Hip, Hippo Hooray For 'River Of Teeth'
- After Rio Olympics, Gutted Venues, Broken Promises
- NASA Spacecraft Finds Storms On Jupiter
- The Call-In: Answering Your Questions About Owning A Home
- Internal Tensions Flare And Ratings Fall At Fox News
- Understanding And Countering The Lure Of Extremism
- Thousands In Manchester Take To The Streets In Show Of Defiance
- 'The Reminders' Is A Story About Memory
- Tourists Who Steal Volcanic Rock Are Said To Unleash A Curse
- Colombia's FARC Guerrillas Are Set To Miss Disarmament Deadline