Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners knew about multi-talented Trombone Shorty (Troy Andrews) way before most people in Atlanta. WCLK has played his music from the beginning of his recording career. His new release on Blue Note is called Parking Lot Symphony. Like all of his records it is full of horn-filled jams testifying to his Treme upbringing.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday, June 17 at 7:00 a.m. on The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I speak with Dr. Aaron Anderson and Dr. Monica Parker from the Emory Healthy Aging and Emory Brain Health Centers. Dr. Aaron Anderson, Asst. Professor of Neurology at the Emory University College of Medicine speaks about healthy aging and using research to understand what factors can be intervened for better outcomes.
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Democrats Seek Records On Jared Kushner As Administration Tries To Stifle Oversight
- Before Her Teacher's Murder, This 'Keepers' Witness Was Already Living A Nightmare
- 'Combat Medicine:' Afghanistan Vet Seeks To Help Others Through Hip-Hop
- Portugal Wrests Control Over Wildfire That Killed More Than 60 People
- After CEO Resignation, Is Uber Kalanick-less Or Kalanick-free?
- Former Milwaukee Officer Found Not Guilty In Sylville Smith Shooting
- GOP Rep. Will Hurd Calls For Plan To Address Threat Of Cyber Attacks
- Rep. Adam Schiff Responds To Jeh Johnson's House Testimony On Russia
- GOP Data Firm Accidentally Exposes Personal Details Of Nearly 200 Million Voters
- Capitol Hill Hearings Probe Russian Efforts To Hack U.S. Elections