Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners know John Beasley well, as keyboardist on sides and tours with Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, George Duke, Marcus Miller and Stanley Clarke among others. He's been through the station more than a time or two. In recent years he has led a tight big band he calls the MONK'estra, playing and arranging variations on songs from the master of variation himself Thelonius Monk.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I discuss #RaiseTheAgeGA with attorney Sherri Jefferson. Ms. Jefferson explains the reasons that she began this quest in 2005. Seventeen year olds are charged as adults and incarcerated with adults. Even though in every other social construct if you are 17 you are not considered an adult. You cannot legally buy alcohol or tobacco products, get married or enter the military without your parent's consent. This year New York and North Carolina raised the age in their...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Wreckage Of USS Indianapolis, Sunk By Japanese In WWII, Found In Pacific
- Mass Held In Barcelona To Honor Victims Of Terror Attacks
- Confederate Statues Were Built To Further A 'White Supremacist Future'
- Dick Gregory, Comedian And Civil Rights Activist, Dies At 84
- Scouring For New Music With 'Alt.Latino'
- 'Young Jane Young' Is A Political Sex Scandal, Told Through Women's Eyes
- Trump To Visit Arizona
- What's Next For Richmond's Confederate Monuments
- Trump Voters Respond To Charlottesville
- Russian Bots Tweeting Calls To Fire McMaster, Former FBI Agent Says