Grammy-winning Jazz vocalist Gregory Porter is paying tribute to his music idol—Nat King Cole—in a new project titled, Nat King Cole & Me . The album will be released October 27, 2017 and features such classic Cole tunes as “Mona Lisa,” “Nature Boy” and “L-O-V-E.” According to JAZZCORNER.COM , Porter enlisted help for the recording from 6-time Grammy winning arranger Vince Mendoza along with pianist Christian Sands, bassist Reuben Rogers and drummer Ulysses Owens + special guest Trumpeter...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday morning at 7am for The Local Take on WCLK as we increase awareness about Sickle Cell Disease . I spoke with Milford Green, PhD, Director of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia, Inc. Milford Greene spoke about the start of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia which took place before the National office opened in the DC/Baltimore area. This disease impacts 100,000 Americans. Dr. Greene shares with us how the disease is spread genetically and those that have the trait are 50%...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- 'World's Wealthiest Woman,' Liliane Bettencourt, Dies At 94
- Bernie Sanders Lays Out His Foreign Policy Vision
- Graham-Cassidy Health Bill Would Shift Funds From States That Expanded Medicaid
- Macho Man, Little Princess: How Gender Norms Can Harm Kids Everywhere
- What Is Rosh Hashana? A Look At The Jewish New Year's Meaning And Rituals
- How Burundian Farmers Are Growing A Future In Kentucky
- The Thistle & Shamrock: The American Folklife Center At 40, Part 1
- Maria-Ravaged Puerto Rico Grapples With Island-Wide Power Loss
- Why Twins Are A Treasure Trove For Science
- 'We Need Help': U.S. Virgin Islands Governor On Devastation After Maria And Irma