WCLK Needs You October 4-15
Grammy-winning Jazz vocalist Gregory Porter is paying tribute to his music idol—Nat King Cole—in a new project titled, Nat King Cole & Me . The album will be released October 27, 2017 and features such classic Cole tunes as “Mona Lisa,” “Nature Boy” and “L-O-V-E.” According to JAZZCORNER.COM , Porter enlisted help for the recording from 6-time Grammy winning arranger Vince Mendoza along with pianist Christian Sands, bassist Reuben Rogers and drummer Ulysses Owens + special guest Trumpeter...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday morning at 7am for The Local Take on WCLK as we increase awareness about Sickle Cell Disease . I spoke with Milford Green, PhD, Director of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia, Inc. Milford Greene spoke about the start of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia which took place before the National office opened in the DC/Baltimore area. This disease impacts 100,000 Americans. Dr. Greene shares with us how the disease is spread genetically and those that have the trait are 50%...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- 5 Americans Talk About How A Health Law Overhaul Would Affect Them
- 'Imminent' Dam Failure Threatens Thousands In Puerto Rico
- On The Eve Of A National Election, Germans Continue To Grapple With Identity
- 'Screaming Eagle Of Soul' Charles Bradley Dies At 68
- Earthquake In North Korea Sets Off Alarm And Speculation
- Puerto Rico Update: How One NGO Is Helping The Island Rebuild After Hurricane Maria
- Mother And Daughter Who Opposed Bashar Assad Regime Killed In Turkey
- Why Did India Have Ten Million Fewer Childhood Deaths Than Predicted?
- 'Inside Studio 54' Takes You Behind The Velvet Rope, And Into Some Dark Corners
- Simulating The Bodily Pain Of Future Climate Change