WCLK Needs You October 4-15
Mindi Abair is a superb Contemporary Jazz saxophonist and vocalist, with the Grammy nominations and touring chops to back it up. She's a friend of Jazz 91.9 WCLK and always drops by WCLK when she is in Atlanta to perform.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I was joined in the studio by Olympic Legend Jackie Joyner Kersee . Jacqueline "Jackie" Joyner-Kersee is an American retired track and field athlete, ranked among the all-time greatest athletes in the heptathlon as well as long jump. She mentioned that her last Olympics Games were the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. I asked her when did she know that Track and Field would be a lifelong career. She spoke about participating in track and field events as a little girl and...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Y.A. Tittle, Star Quarterback For LSU And NFL, Dies At 90
- 'Something Amazing' In Angola: War Scraps Become Steel Beams For Rebuilding
- Touch Screens Are Distracting Drivers. What Are Carmakers Doing To Help?
- What Trump's Proposed Changes Mean For Family-Based Immigration
- Wildfires Force Evacuations In California's Wine Counties
- What A U.S. Refusal To Certify Might Mean For The Iran Nuclear Deal
- Alabama's Tiny Dauphin Island Cleaning Up After Hurricane Nate's Wallop
- Environmental Protection Agency To Eliminate Obama's Clean Power Plan
- 9 Months Into Presidency, Trump Still Hasn't Offered Infrastructure Plan
- Many Spaniards Outside Catalonia Rally Behind Government