Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Jazz Vocalist, Keyboardist and Composer Carol Albert grew up in Hiram, Georgia in nearby Paulding County. She has been making music in Atlanta, around the country and in Europe for a while. In Atlanta she has played as an accompanyist for the Atlanta Ballet, among others. On her new release Fly Away Butterfly on the Cahara label, Albert interprets influences as diverse as Al Jarreau and Gilberto/Getz. You can hear the title cut Fly Away Butterfly on Jazz 91.9 WCLK at various times, including during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
I spoke with Dr. Pernessa Seele, founder and CEO of The Balm In Gilead , Inc. a non-profit organization that has provided technical support to faith institutions in the USA and Africa. Dr. Seele is a graduate of Clark Atlanta University and she launched Healthy Churches 2020 an initiative of her non-profit to engage with the faith community to promote healthy outcomes. The 4th annual Healthy Churches 2020 Conference will take place November 14th - 17th in Hilton Head, SC. Dr. Seele shares how...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Transgender Women Of Indonesia Have A Champion In A 26-Year-Old Doctor
- Dozens Of Buildings Across The Country Light Up Orange For Vegas Victims
- Yellen Will Leave Top Fed Post With Solid Record
- Closing Arguments Wrap Up In Bowe Bergdahl's Sentencing
- Scientists Solve 50-Year-Old Mystery About Breakbone Fever
- Investigators Say No Sign Of Cruelty In Kennel Of Former Iditarod Champ
- Billionaire Investor Robert Mercer To Step Down From Firm, Selling Stake In Breitbart
- Pakistani Bride Charged With Poisoning Husband's Milk, Inadvertently Killing 17
- Manafort And Gates To Remain Restricted To Their Homes, Judge Says
- A Window Onto The 'Shocking' Final Days Of ISIS In Mosul