Law Office Of Felita Cornog
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Dave Bennett is a multi-instrumentalist and clarinet prodigy who has been playing in combos and bigger bands since he was asked by legendary Trumpeter Doc Cheatham to play from the bandstand at New York's Sweet Basil's when he was 12 years old. Blood Moon is his second record on Mack Avenue, and features a mix of original and cover songs. His current group includes Pianist Dave Restivo, Guitarist Reg Schwager, Bassist Jim Vivian, Drummer Pete Siers, and Percussionist Davide Direnzo. You can...
Latest News From NPR
- Jerry Brown's Last State Of The State Mixes Optimism And Warnings
- A Father, A Husband, An Immigrant: Detained And Facing Deportation
- 'We Are Them': Jon Balke and Siwan Call For Coexistence On 'Nahnou Houm'
- New Fossil Found In Israel Suggests A Much Earlier Human Migration Out of Africa
- White House Outlines What Trump Needs In Immigration Deal
- WATCH: Care For A Little Zen? Here It Is: A Snowy Owl Riding An Ice Floe
- EU Court Rejects 'Gay Tests' For Asylum Seekers
- White House Outlines Trump's Immigration Proposal
- In Lawsuit, 2 More Women Accuse Rapper Nelly Of Sexual Assault
- Harvey The 'Most Significant Tropical Cyclone Rainfall Event In U.S. History'
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
During the week leading up to the Martin Luther King Holiday, I spoke with Dr. Doris Derby, co-founder of the Free Southern Theater, photo-journalist, documentarian and founding Director of Georgia State University's Office of African American Student Services and Programs. Dr. Derby speaks about her time in SNCC during the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. She talks about her work at Tougaloo College and the founding of the Free Southern Theater. She speaks about taking the theater's...