Song For My Sweetheart
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Jazz Master, Dr. Lonnie Smith releases his second record on Blue Note, the label he made his name on in the 1960s on a series of sides with Lou Donaldson and then on his own. All In My Mind is a live set, featuring covers and original compositions from the Hammond B-3 Master.
Latest News From NPR
- Budget Deal In Limbo Amid Scramble To Avoid Partial Shutdown At Midnight
- After Jaw-Dropping Testimony, Baltimore Police Corruption Trial Heads To Jury
- How To Watch The 2018 Winter Olympics
- 'Atlanta Monster' Podcast Hopes To 'Close The Door' On 1970s Child Murders
- Major Psychiatric Disorders Have More In Common Than We Thought, Study Finds
- For Black History Month, A Look At New Music With Afro-Latinx Roots
- We Have Met The Anomie, And It Is Us: 'Golden Exits'
- 'Fifty Shades Freed' Is Out Of Tricks As It Ties Up Loose Ends
- Reviewed: This Year's 5 Oscar-Nominated Live-Action Short Films
- Reviewed: This Year's 5 Oscar-Nominated Animated Short Films
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday, February 3, 8:00 a.m. at a new time on The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK as I speak with Atlanta's own Tayari Jones, award winning writer of Leaving Atlanta and Silver Sparrow. We discuss her new novel An American Marriage and her upcoming program at the Alliance Theatre where she will speak with her mentor Pearl Cleage .