Song For My Sweetheart
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Tune in to Jazz Tones on WCLK Sunday at 3pm as I feature the straight ahead music of Eric Wyatt. Wyatt is blazing his own trail on his new release Look to the Sky. It is his debut for the Whaling City Sound label. The Brooklyn born saxman is the godson of saxophone collossus Sonny Rollins. Wyatt's playing is both harmonic and creative in the style of Charlie Parker, John Coltrane and Rollins.
Latest News From NPR
- First Female Leader Of Sinn Féin Looks At Fresh Start For Party
- Oscar-Nominated Composer Jóhann Jóhannsson Dies At 48
- Winter Olympics Kick Off With Biting Winds And History-Making Wins
- White House Security Clearance Trouble Shines Light On 'High Risk' Backlog Problem
- A Podcast Playlist For All Those Looking For Love (Stories)
- Israeli Jet Downed During Attack On Syria After Drone Intercepted, Says Israel
- Downhill Skiers Gear Up To Face Their Fears — And 'Snow Snakes' — In Winter Games
- Fresh Air Weekend: 17 Brushes With Death; 3 Harlem Renaissance Novels; Jordan Klepper
- How I Moved My Cat From Israel To Pakistan
- Israel Launches Strikes Against Iranian Targets In Syria
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday, February 3, 8:00 a.m. at a new time on The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK as I speak with Atlanta's own Tayari Jones, award winning writer of Leaving Atlanta and Silver Sparrow. We discuss her new novel An American Marriage and her upcoming program at the Alliance Theatre where she will speak with her mentor Pearl Cleage .