Jason Marsalis continues to push Jazz vibraphone forward on Melody Reimagined: Book 1 with his 21st Century Trad Band, just released on Basin Street Records. Jason is the youngest Marsalis, but he's also an NEA Jazz Master. For this record Marsalis is joined by the Trad Band--Austin Johnson on piano, Will Goble on bass, and Dave Potter on drums. He's also joined by guests including his Father Ellis and brother Delfeayo. The idea with Melody Reimagined is exploring the possibilities of...
Latest News From NPR
- Trump Continues Barrage Against Special Counsel Mueller, Fired FBI Deputy McCabe
- Turkish Forces Seize Syrian City of Afrin
- The Reality Of School Shooting Drills
- Pennsylvania Voters React To Lamb's Apparent Win
- Reconnecting With Childhood Friends
- Salvadoran Evangelicals Work To Change Lives Of Gang Members
- Tension Increases Between Moscow And London
- Report: Cambridge Analytica 'Harvested Private Information'
- Spot Fake News By Making It
- Determine Potential Partners By Voice In New Dating App
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Two years ago I spoke with Dr. Kwesi deGraft -Hanson about his discovery of The Weeping Time . The Weeping Time refers to the largest documented sell off of enslaved humans ever recorded in North America. It happened in Savannah, Georgia. This weekend marks the 159th Anniversary. Saturday morning at 8:00am on The Local Take We'll revisit that conversation with the first of a two part special edition. Stay tuned next week for the second half of my original conversation with Dr. deGraft-Hanson,...