Michael Franks has been a leading contemporary Jazz vocalist since the days of his 1975 collaboration with the Crusaders, The Art of Tea . He's released his first record in eight years, The Music In My Head (Shanachie). The record features 10 original songs produced by Gil Goldstein, who has produced recent records for Jill Scott, Esperanza Spalding and Chris Botti. The Music In My Head brings Franks' unmistakeable vocals to the front. The record also features some of the last session work by...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I talk with community experts about Rides To Wellness , a program that began with a grant from the Federal Transportation Administration to help strengthen the Affordable Care Act. My guests are Ben Limmer, Assistant General Manager for MARTA, Amanda Tyner, Rides To Wellness Coordinator with the Atlanta Regional Commission, and Sherard Polite, health educator at the Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority. Many of us recognize the phrase "Access To Care" and most often it...
Latest News From NPR
- 1 Suspect Dead, 20 Injured After Shooting At Art Event In New Jersey
- Sunday Puzzle: Capital Cities
- David Lynch On 'Room To Dream'
- The Controversy Over Maple Syrup
- Peru's World Cup Team
- An Update On An Asylum-Seeker
- Missouri Conservatives And Immigration
- Republican Voters And Immigration
- Sally Hemings Gets New Attention At Monticello
- Politics Week Ahead: Trump's Immigration Policies