Straight-ahead Jazz fans are in for a treat with the new release from Elemental Music -- Dexter Gordon Quartet Tokyo 1975. Elemental Music continues their great work on re-issues and archival releases with a complete previously unissued quartet performance by the great Dexter Gordon. This astonishing concert marked Gordon's first appearance ever in Japan, backed by an all-star rhythm section consisting of Kenny Drew on piano, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen on bass, and Albert Tootie Heath on drums.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. on The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I talk with Ernestine Faircloth about National Association of Black Military Women. Ms. Faircloth shares with us information about the founding of this organization that had their first gathering in Hampton, Virginia in 1976. After a few years of coming together socially the organization dedicated itself to service. Additionally the organization provides a safe place for African American women who are active or retired to...
Latest News From NPR
- Sacha Baron Cohen Is Hit-And-Miss In 'Who Is America?'
- A Look At The #MeToo Movement In The Shambhala Buddhist Community
- 'Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind' Explores Comic's Creative Life
- Director Gus Van Sant Discusses 'Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot'
- How The Trump-Putin Summit Could Affect 2 Arms Control Treaties
- France Defeats Croatia: A Recap Of The 2018 World Cup
- MoviePass CEO Discusses Future Of Company And Business Model
- 6-Year-Old Girl Heard Crying On ProPublica Tape Has Been Reunited With Her Mother
- Fact Check: Did The Obama Administration Respond To Election Interference By Russia?
- What Putin Might Expect From Meeting With Trump In Helsinki