Straight-ahead Jazz fans are in for a treat with the new release from Elemental Music -- Dexter Gordon Quartet Tokyo 1975. Elemental Music continues their great work on re-issues and archival releases with a complete previously unissued quartet performance by the great Dexter Gordon. This astonishing concert marked Gordon's first appearance ever in Japan, backed by an all-star rhythm section consisting of Kenny Drew on piano, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen on bass, and Albert Tootie Heath on drums.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take on WCLK we discuss criminal justice reform again as I speak with Community Organizaer Carla Taylor, who is working with Women on the Rise . They are holding a National Town Hall that will focus on ending the incarceration of women and girls. This event will take place on Saturday, July 21st at the IBEW Auditorium on Pulliam Street in Downtown Atlanta. Registration will begin at 11:30, there will be lunch and childcare provided.
Latest News From NPR
- Don't Refer To Maria Butina As A 'Student' In Headlines And Intros
- Broséwave: 21 Songs For Dudes Who Drink Pink
- Justice Department Calls Russian Woman, Maria Butina, A Flight Risk
- Commercial Plane Flies From Ethiopia To Eritrea For First Time In 20 Years
- Maria Butina Was In Contact With Russian Intelligence, Feds Say In New Documents
- Marriott Follows Starbucks In Dropping Plastic Straws
- Berhana Struggles With The Trappings Of Success In 'Wildin"
- Analog Tara Puts Techno-Feminist Theory Into Practice
- In 'Crux,' A Journalist Investigates The Troubled Life Of Her Own Father
- Hear Foxing's Soaring 'Nearer My God' In 5 Different Languages