Straight-ahead Jazz fans are in for a treat with the new release from Elemental Music -- Dexter Gordon Quartet Tokyo 1975. Elemental Music continues their great work on re-issues and archival releases with a complete previously unissued quartet performance by the great Dexter Gordon. This astonishing concert marked Gordon's first appearance ever in Japan, backed by an all-star rhythm section consisting of Kenny Drew on piano, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen on bass, and Albert Tootie Heath on drums.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take on WCLK we discuss criminal justice reform again as I speak with Community Organizaer Carla Taylor, who is working with Women on the Rise . They are holding a National Town Hall that will focus on ending the incarceration of women and girls. This event will take place on Saturday, July 21st at the IBEW Auditorium on Pulliam Street in Downtown Atlanta. Registration will begin at 11:30, there will be lunch and childcare provided.
Latest News From NPR
- Getting To Know The DSA
- What Trump Voters Think Of Trump's Russia Comments
- British Police Reportedly Identify Russian Suspects In Nerve Agent Attack On Skripals
- Behind The Campaign To Get Teachers To Leave Their Unions
- Israel Passes Controversial Law Reserving National Self-Determination For Jews
- Vienna's Subway Got Hot, So They Gave Out Deodorant
- Giant Jeff Goldblum Spotted In London
- You Know It's A Bad Date When He Steals Your Car
- Moments That Define A Presidency
- Israel Passes Controversial 'Nation-State' Law