Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Alphonso Johnson has brought the fretless bass-line for generations of important groups and artists, including recording and touring with: Weather Report, George Duke, Santana, Wayne Shorter, Pat Metheny, Sonny Rollins, Bob Weir and Phil Collins. His new record out on Embamba is called Metaphors. Metaphors features the late great Ndugu Chancler, Patrice Rushen, Airto Moreira and others. His sound is unmistakable.
Latest News From NPR
- Insecurity At the Munich Security Conference As Global Crises Grow More Contentious
- Chicago Fans Bounced For Racist Taunts Aimed At Capitals' Devante Smith-Pelly
- New York Times Investigates Ambush Of U.S. Soldiers In Niger
- Laura Ingraham Told LeBron James To Shut Up And Dribble; He Went To The Hoop
- Court Decides Pennsylvania Voting Map
- Grocery Bagging Champ
- 'Automating Inequality': Algorithms In Public Services Often Fail The Most Vulnerable
- Why Employers In Georgia Are Watching The Immigration Debate Closely
- Lady Bird Director Greta Gerwig
- Bank Theft Brazilian Style
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
The Local Take will host PNC Bank Second Annual Black History Month Breakfast on Wednesday, February 28 at 7:30 a.m. at the Center for Civil and Human Rights. This year the focus is on African American Athletes who succeeded on and off the field of play. Throughout February you can hear daily vignettes from PNC Bank on Jazz 91.9 WCLK saluting Atlanta's African American athletes. I talked about the salutes with PNC Regional President for Georgia, Eddie Meyers.