WCLK Needs You October 4-15
Grammy-winning Jazz vocalist Gregory Porter is paying tribute to his music idol—Nat King Cole—in a new project titled, Nat King Cole & Me . The album will be released October 27, 2017 and features such classic Cole tunes as “Mona Lisa,” “Nature Boy” and “L-O-V-E.” According to JAZZCORNER.COM , Porter enlisted help for the recording from 6-time Grammy winning arranger Vince Mendoza along with pianist Christian Sands, bassist Reuben Rogers and drummer Ulysses Owens + special guest Trumpeter...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday morning at 7am for The Local Take on WCLK as we increase awareness about Sickle Cell Disease . I spoke with Milford Green, PhD, Director of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia, Inc. Milford Greene spoke about the start of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia which took place before the National office opened in the DC/Baltimore area. This disease impacts 100,000 Americans. Dr. Greene shares with us how the disease is spread genetically and those that have the trait are 50%...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- 'Loving Vincent' Paints Van Gogh Into A Murder Mystery
- Saudi Arabia Announces It Will Lift Ban And Allow Women To Drive
- Guggenheim Pulls Animal Art From Upcoming Chinese Exhibition
- The Producer Who Created 'Beat Kits' Behind Today's Pop Music
- Equifax CEO Richard Smith Resigns After Backlash Over Massive Data Breach
- In Puerto Rico, Residents Scramble For Supplies A Week After Hurricane Maria
- U.K. Researchers Look To Revive Forgotten English Words
- Betsy DeVos Launches Reform Effort On Campus Sexual Assault Policy
- Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy Outlines Potential For Bipartisan Health Care Reform
- Republicans Withdraw Graham-Cassidy Bill To Repeal Obamacare