Colombian-born, New York City-raised Jay Rodriguez has earned multiple Grammy nominations playing flute, saxophone and clarinet on various records and stages over the years. He is a graduate of the famed New York City High School. Over the years he has accompanied and shared the state with, among others, Phil Woods, Tito D'Rivera, Michael Henderson, Modeski Martin & Wood, Tupac Shakur, Isaac Hayes, The Roots, B.B. King, Clark Terry, and Wynton Marsalis. He is a founding member of Groove...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday on The Local Take on WCLK I spoke with Lolita Jackson about the Camellia Rose Links presenting the documentary film MAYNARD at a fundraiser for graduates of Maynard Jackson High School. The Camellia Rose Links invites everyone to join them for the screening of MAYNARD at the Carter Center on April 28th at 11am and 2pm. Each screening will be followed by a panel discussion features people who knew and worked with Maynard Jackson. Ms. Jackson shares with us that the fundraiser is to...
Latest News From NPR
- Bob Dorough, Jazz Musician Best Known For 'Schoolhouse Rock!,' Dead At 94
- Petal's 'Better Than You' Video Combats Artistic Self-Doubt
- Newsroom To 'Chicago Tribune': With 85 Percent Backing, We Have Votes For Union
- New Mix: Beach House, Tank And The Bangas, Stevie Wolf, More
- Transcript: NPR's Full Interview With Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif
- Trump, Macron To Hold Joint Press Conference During State Visit
- Democrats Push For Internal Documents On 2020 Census Citizenship Question
- Ronny Jackson's VA Nomination Hearing Postponed Amid 'Serious Allegations'
- The Rock*A*Teens, Cabbagetown's Vibrantly Weird Rock Band, Is Back
- Amazon Wants To Deliver Packages Inside Your Car