Chick Corea via Concord Music, has released a multidisc, multimedia collection documenting his 2011 series of 70th Birthday celebration performances at the famed Blue Note. Corea is featured in 10 different bands featuring some 30 different musicians, including: Herbie Hancock, Bobbie McFerrin, Gary Burton, Wynton Marsalis, John McLaughlin, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea Electrik Band and Return To Forever, among others. You can hear select cuts from The Musician at various times on Jazz 91.9 WCLK and WCLK HD2 in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join us Saturday morning at 7am for The Local Take On WCLK as we celebrate Mothers Day with Denene Millner, author of My Brown Baby: On the Joys and Challenges of Raising African American Children . Taken from the essays on her award winning blog, My Brown Baby , Denene explains why she thought it was important for mothers of brown babies to have their own voice among the popular "mommy blogs." As a columnist at PARENT magazine she speaks about her work on childhood development coinciding...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- The 'No Fun League,' Relaxes NFL Celebration Rules
- Montana Holds Special Election For Open House Seat
- Sen. Tim Kaine On Trump And Russia And GOP Health Care Bill
- Go To Ocala For Everything Flamingo-Related
- Duterte Declares Martial Law On Philippine Island Of Mindanao
- Police Continue Manchester Bombing Investigation
- What To Watch For After Cannes Film Festival
- Trump Meets Pope Francis At The Vatican
- On A Steep Venezuelan Hill, Mudslides Can Be Deadly
- Examining The U.K.'s Counterterrorism Strategy