Australian Singer, Pianist, Composer and Arranger, Sarah McKenzie has a strong sophmore record out on Impulse called Paris In The Spring . Produced by Brian Bacchus - who Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners know from his work with Norah Jones, Lizz Wright and Gregory Porter - Paris In The Spring features Jazz classics including: Tea For Two and Jobim's Triste , as well as her own original compositions. You can hear songs from Sarah McKenzie at various times on WCLK in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
The Local Take acknowledges July as National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month by speaking with Dr. Sheila Williams about her life journey that led her to a career in the mental health. She shares that her mother was diagnosed with clinical depression. Growing up she understood that something was wrong with her mother, but she was repeatedly misdiagnosed.
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Senators To Vote On Whether To Proceed With Health Care Debate
- The Enduring Legacy Of Jane Austen's 'Truth Universally Acknowledged'
- Wisconsin Company Offers To Implant Chips In Its Employees
- 'The World Broke In Two': Four Writers, One Transformational Year
- The Multiplex And The Plane: China's Moves In Surrounding Seas Raise Eyebrows
- Ahead Of Trump's Visit To Youngstown, Two Voices
- Survey: Many Americans Don't Know What The Federal Reserve Does
- Why Lessons From The Kerner Commission Continue To Resonate
- Trump Administration Reviews Iran Policy Ahead Of Next Nuclear Deadline
- As Senate Plans Health Care Vote, More Controversy For Sessions