Law Office Of Felita Cornog
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Dave Bennett is a multi-instrumentalist and clarinet prodigy who has been playing in combos and bigger bands since he was asked by legendary Trumpeter Doc Cheatham to play from the bandstand at New York's Sweet Basil's when he was 12 years old. Blood Moon is his second record on Mack Avenue, and features a mix of original and cover songs. His current group includes Pianist Dave Restivo, Guitarist Reg Schwager, Bassist Jim Vivian, Drummer Pete Siers, and Percussionist Davide Direnzo. You can...
Latest News From NPR
- 25 Years After The Tanks, Tear Gas And Flames, 'Waco' Returns To TV
- The Power Hour
- Trump Aims To Play Salesman During Davos Economic Forum
- Ursula K. Le Guin, Whose Novels Plucked Truth From High Fantasy, Dies At 88
- Why Are U.S. Allies Killing Each Other In Syria?
- Investigation Finds Pattern Of Behavior By Former Public Radio Host Garrison Keillor
- The Mystery Of Contract Work: Why So Many Guys?
- CIA Director Offers A Window Into Trump's Morning Routine
- Why The Delay Correcting False Alert? Hawaii Governor Forgot Twitter Password
- Cozy Winter Songs: It's An All-Winter All-Skate
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
During the week leading up to the Martin Luther King Holiday, I spoke with Dr. Doris Derby, co-founder of the Free Southern Theater, photo-journalist, documentarian and founding Director of Georgia State University's Office of African American Student Services and Programs. Dr. Derby speaks about her time in SNCC during the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. She talks about her work at Tougaloo College and the founding of the Free Southern Theater. She speaks about taking the theater's...