Saxophonist Azar Lawrence has played as sideman for McCoy Tyner, Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, and Woody Shaw. Lawrence was the tenor saxophonist Tyner used following John Coltrane's death. He has also played on record with Earth Wind & Fire and Marvin Gaye, among many others. His latest release on High Tone Records is called Elementals, and features Benito Gonzales, Jeff Littlejohn, Marvin "Smitty" Smith and Munyungo Jackson.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Steve Evans, President and CEO of Lupus Foundation of America - Georgia Chapter. He shares that Lupus is an unpredictable and potentially fatal autoimmune disease that affects 55,000 Georgians, mostly women aged 18 - 45. He goes on to explain that the disease can impact anyone at any age including men and even teenagers. Like most disease's LUPUS impacts communities of color disproportionally. Evans shares that over 55,000 Georgians are impacted by the...
Latest News From NPR
- Puerto Rico Restores Electricity After This Week's Power Outage
- From Cuba With Love: Yissy Garcia And Bandancha's 'Universo'
- Democrats Sue Russia, WikiLeaks And Trump Campaign Over Election 'Conspiracy'
- Songs We Love: Monsieur Periné, 'Bailar Contigo'
- On National School Walkout Day, Students On Chicago's South Side Chant For Gun Reform
- Former FBI Director Andrew McCabe's Camp Fires Back
- Former Deputy FBI Director McCabe Launches Legal Defense Fund
- 19 Years After Columbine, Students Walk Out To Stop Gun Violence
- Watch Moby Perform 'Falling Rain And Light' Live In The Studio
- In Washington, D.C., Students Mark National School Walkout With March To Capitol