A new re-release on Concord Music Group/Fantasy records, On A Monday Evening, offers Jazz fans a rare treat: an unreleased concert recording of The Bill Evans Trio, featuring Eddie Gomez and Eliot Zigmund. Captured live at Union Theater in Madison, Wisconsin on Monday, November 15, 1976, this recording finds Evans at the top of his game. The recording features performances that includes both contemporary compositions from that era, as well as his longstanding signature tunes. You can hear cuts from On A Monday Evening on WCLK HD 2 Mainstream and on Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
On the Saturday, March 25 edition of The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, I'll speak with Louis Elrod of Better Georgia about HB 515. The bill will redraw district lines in Henry County where the lines were just redrawn two years ago. Concerned citizens can contact their representatives up until the end of the month to voice your concerns about this action. As some of you may know, former Obama administration Attorney General, Eric Holder has spoken out about this new effort of redistricting....
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Only 98,000 New Jobs Were Created In March, Labor Department Says
- Russia Says U.S. Broke International Law In Striking Syria, Citing 'Pretext'
- Watch Cold War Kids Perform 'So Tied Up' Live In The Studio
- Don Rickles Dies At 90. His Insult Comedy Was An Art Form
- Is A Tweet Partisan Political Activity? Did Scavino's Tweet Violate Hatch Act?
- Sen. Kaine: Before Syria Strike, Trump Should Have Included Congress
- The Sci-Fi Strangeness (And Canadian Sensuality) Of Cartoonist Michael DeForge
- How The Syria Strikes Affect Relations With Russia
- Travel Ban's 'Chilling Effect' Could Cost Universities Hundreds Of Millions
- Russia Responds To U.S. Airstrikes In Syria