Australian Singer, Pianist, Composer and Arranger, Sarah McKenzie has a strong sophmore record out on Impulse called Paris In The Spring . Produced by Brian Bacchus - who Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners know from his work with Norah Jones, Lizz Wright and Gregory Porter - Paris In The Spring features Jazz classics including: Tea For Two and Jobim's Triste , as well as her own original compositions. You can hear songs from Sarah McKenzie at various times on WCLK in particular during Serenade To The City, Monday through Friday from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
For the fourth year The Local Take speaks with a few of the Young African Leaders matriculating at Clark Atlanta University this summer as part of the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders . Begun in 2014 it's the flagship program of the Young African Leaders Initiative ( YALI ) that empowers young people from the continent of Africa through academic coursework, leadership training, and networking. In 2017, the Fellowship provided 1,000 outstanding young leaders from Sub...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Big Bird, Bowie And Muppets: Museum Of Moving Image Honors Jim Henson
- Florida Teacher Embarks On Mission To Teach Students Table Manners
- Smugglers Throw Nearly 280 Migrants Overboard Near Yemen
- Trump Aide Stephen Miller's Combative Style Goes Back To High School
- Uhuru Kenyatta Declared Winner Of Contentious Kenyan Presidential Election
- 40 Years Ago, NASA Launched Message To Aliens Into Deep Space
- China Remains Reserved As U.S. Trades Threats With North Korea
- Despite Trump's Escalating Rhetoric, Little Evidence Of War Preparations
- Trump's Rhetoric On North Korea Calls Diplomacy Into Question
- The Art Of The Pitch: Vendors Hawk Items At The Ohio State Fair