Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
Join me on Jazz Tones on Jazz 91.9 WCLK on Sunday November 12, from 3- 7 pm. Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to interview Vocalist Cecile McLorin Salvant about her recent release Dreams and Daggers(Mack Avenue). The release features Aaron Diehl on piano, Paul Sikivie on double bass, Lawrence Leathers on drums, Catalyst Quartet on strings, and Sullivan Fortner piano. This is Salvant's third album and it shows her developing curosity for the history of American music and the...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take in support of the WCLK Screening for Stanley Nelson's new documentary Tell Them We Are Rising I speak with two HBCU graduates with strong ties to Atlanta. First I'm joined by former Judge Nina Hickson who graduated from Howard University. Nina speaks to the culture found at HBCU's and the opportunity for leadership roles. She speaks about her family tradition of attending historically Black colleges and universities at a time when often these were the only schools...
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- AC/DC Cofounder And Guitarist Malcolm Young Dies, Age 64
- Rethinking Bill Clinton Amid Sexual Harassment Debates
- Museum Of The Bible Mission Shifts 'To Engage All People' In The History And Narrative
- U.S. Says PLO Office Must Close After Palestinians Call To Prosecute Israel
- Amid Overwhelming Calls For Mugabe To Step Down, What's Next For Zimbabwe?
- Post-Election Violence Continues In Kenya, As Opposition Leader Returns
- The Tiny, Murderous World Of Frances Glessner Lee
- To Save Their Water Supply, Colorado Farmers Taxed Themselves
- The Vast, Versatile Range Of Cécile McLorin Salvant
- Joe Biden Remembers His Son In His New Memoir