WCLK Business Member: MENT Entertainment
Jazz 91.9 WCLK Holiday Jazz features new music from Joe Gransden and his 16 Piece Big Band, covering many of your timeless Christmas classics in the mode of Cole, Sinatra, or Harry Connick, Jr.. Joe is a friend of WCLK and he's playing these songs live in Atlanta throughout the holiday period. You can find out more about that here . https://youtu.be/1ZaxUKtGD9c
Support Public Media Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
On the December 2 edition of The Local Take on Jazz 91.9 WCLK we talked about the Maternal mortality rate, which is rising in the USA. I first became aware of this research from an article in the Los Angeles Times which indicated that the rates of death are rising most in the African-American community. Then I saw a report from the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) on the same subject. I reached out to Dr. Karla Booker an obstetrician and gynecolgist, who serves on Georgia’s Maternal Mortality Review Committee.
NPR Jazz On WCLK
Latest News From NPR
- Will It Be Moore Or Jones? Polls Are Closed In Divisive Alabama Senate Election
- Tillerson Says He Would Meet With North Koreans, Even Without Denuclearization Talks
- Are $40 Toll Roads The Future?
- Tillerson Wants To Start Talks With North Korea With No Conditions
- How To Survive Playing To An Empty Room And Other Advice For A Band's First Tour
- Giant Prehistoric Penguins Once Swam Off The Coast Of New Zealand
- Astronomers Want To Know: Does This Interstellar Visitor Have A Message For Us?
- Watch Margo Price Sing From A Balcony At NPR Music's 10th Anniversary Concert
- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee Dies At 65
- Voters In Alabama Split As They Go To Polls To Decide State's Next U.S. Senator