Jason Marsalis continues to push Jazz vibraphone forward on Melody Reimagined: Book 1 with his 21st Century Trad Band, just released on Basin Street Records. Jason is the youngest Marsalis, but he's also an NEA Jazz Master. For this record Marsalis is joined by the Trad Band--Austin Johnson on piano, Will Goble on bass, and Dave Potter on drums. He's also joined by guests including his Father Ellis and brother Delfeayo. The idea with Melody Reimagined is exploring the possibilities of...
Latest News From NPR
- Trump Memo Disqualifies Certain Transgender People From Military Service
- Martin Vizcarra Sworn In As Peru's New President
- U.K. Investigators Raid Cambridge Analytica Offices In London
- Elon Musk To Facebook: Mmm ... K, Bye
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Discusses New Found Activism To End Gun Violence
- Student Civil Rights Protesters From The 1960s Discuss 'March For Our Lives'
- The Mystery of Cave Paintings
- Sunflower Bean On World Cafe
- How Fast Can An Outbreak Be Detected?
- Episode 671: An Insider Trader Tells All
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Two years ago I spoke with Dr. Kwesi deGraft -Hanson about his discovery of The Weeping Time . The Weeping Time refers to the largest documented sell off of enslaved humans ever recorded in North America. It happened in Savannah, Georgia. This weekend marks the 159th Anniversary. Saturday morning at 8:00am on The Local Take We'll revisit that conversation with the first of a two part special edition. Stay tuned next week for the second half of my original conversation with Dr. deGraft-Hanson,...