The support from our individual members and donors is critical to fulfilling JAZZ 91.9 WCLK’S mission of community service. JAZZ 91.9 WCLK conducts our fundraising in compliance with nationally established guidelines while ensuring that our member’s trust and faith in us is deserved.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK maintains lists of names, addresses, giving history, programming interests and other pertinent data for those who have supported us financially or otherwise have indicated an interest in our organization's programming or activities.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK does not sell or exchange its member or donor lists with any other organization.
On occasion, JAZZ 91.9 WCLK provides its list to vendors who conduct work or an activity for JAZZ 91.9 WCLK. JAZZ 91.9 WCLK requires all vendors to maintain the confidentiality of JAZZ 91.9 WCLK’S files and confidential information and to adhere to a policy of not exchanging, selling, or otherwise disclosing the organization's member, donor and underwriter lists.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK will adhere to all federal, state and local laws.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK is required to disclose the identity of all donors who provide direct funding for any program produced by JAZZ 91.9 WCLK.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK may publish a list of members and donors (for example, as part of our Annual Report.) This listing may indicate a monetary range into which each member or donor's gift falls. If you wish to be excluded from any such listing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK will also comply with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting guidelines for list activities. These guidelines require JAZZ 91.9 WCLK to annually certify compliance with laws and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service regarding tax-exempt status, and with all federal laws and regulations governing political activity and lobbying.
JAZZ 91.9 WCLK will not rent or purchase any mailing list that is politically affiliated including, but not limited to, political organizations, campaigns and committees.
Donor Bill of Rights
Each nonprofit organization holds a public trust to improve the quality of life. Likewise, philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, JAZZ 91.9 WCLK accepts several guiding principles that all donors have the right to:
- Be informed of JAZZ 91.9 WCLK's mission, of the way the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK's most recent financial statements.
- Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Be assured that privileged or confidential information about themselves and their giving will not be disclosed to unauthorized parties outside of the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- Ensure that all solicitation materials are accurate and correctly reflect the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK's mission and use of solicited funds.
- Receive informed, accurate and ethical advice about the value and tax implication of potential gifts.
- Give their consent before the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK might alter the conditions of a gift.
- Know that their names will not be sold, rented, leased, traded, loaned, donated, transferred or exchanged from JAZZ 91.9 WCLK donor lists.
- Know with confidence that the JAZZ 91.9 WCLK will use accurate and consistent generally accepted accounting methods that conform to the appropriate guidelines adopted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).